Distance Learning and Google Classroom
Our aim is to support our children and their families through our communication platforms and distance learning resources.
Digital platforms in every class from Nursery to Year 6
- Class Dojo - teacher to parent communication and photos shared via private class story
- HWB - HWB logins have been provided for all children, allowing them access to educational resources, games and Microsoft Office 365 through the platform.
- Google Classroom - accessed through HWB for sharing homework activities and resources, as well as material for further distance learning. Each Google class has a unique classroom code for you to join.
HWB user guide - CLICK HERE
J2Launch user guide - CLICK HERE
Google classroom user guide - CLICK HERE
Here is a link to resources which includes activities, conversation starters and information to help parents and carers talk to their children about how to navigate the issue of reliability of information online in a safe, responsible and engaging way.
This is a link to family guides on the Hwb website including screen time, app and TV settings, game age ratings and general digital citizenship. When you open the link, on the left hand side of the website you can make a specific search by selecting age, resource and publishers.
Communication with our families
- Schoop - our school communication app used to send letters, messages and newsletter at a class or whole school level. It used a push message service, which ensures you are notified even when the app is not open.
- School website - the latest school information and policies
- Twitter - to celebrate learning and experiences, as well as to inform the wider community.
If you require further information regarding any of these digital tools, please contact Miss Dunn via Class Dojo or the school email.
Additional Distance Learning Resources:
we have compiled a list of useful resources and websites, which we hope you will find useful:
BBC Bitesize - CLICK HERE
List of educational companies offering free subscription - CLICK HERE
30 Day Lego Challenges - CLICK HERE
WRU Exercise for 8-11 year olds during isolation - CLICK HERE
Go Noodle Dance and Fitness - CLICK HERE
Cosmic Kids Yoga and Mindfulness - CLICK HERE
Code club projects to explore - CLICK HERE
Times Tables Rockstars - CLICK HERE
Duolingo to practice Welsh and learn other languages - CLICK HERE